27 December 2010

I like the flowers...♪

...and I love making them!

After I saw Tim Holtz making a beautiful flower out of tissue tape here, I tried to recreate it myself.
In an earlier post, I talked about cutting out a circle and than a spiral, but...I found that there is actually a quicker and easier way to do it.

Because I received a few questions about how to make them, I put together my very first tutorial! :)
You have to excuse the sometimes bad quality of the pictures, I haven't really figured out the best way to work the camera while crafting...

So here goes...hope you like it... :)



You start with any paper you want. Best for this technique is light paper and not cardstock.
I took the most inexpensive, old paper I had.
 














Stamp backgroundstamp of your choice (I used the friends definition of Hero Arts and stamped it with forest moss distress ink).















Cut or tear of a strip (or two) of the paper. No need to cut it to perfect, the edges can look somewhat distressed.
Cut or punch out a little circle. The circle needs to be a bit stronger, so I did use cardstock for this one.















Cover the circle with adhesive.















Start applying the strip of paper on the outside edge of the circle. Follow the shape of the circle as you plead the paper to create the 'petals' of the flower.
Work your way in.















I had to use the second strip of paper because the first one wasn't long enough. If you have to do that, add some more adhesive on the paper that you've already did.
















Add the second strip the same way you did the first, and keep working your way in.















I had a little space in the middle left, so I cut out an additional little 'spiral' to finish it off...














Adhered this in the middle (adding some more adhesive first, like we did earlier).














Then, add a little brad or fastener in the middle.














Ink the edges a bit and...

...then you have a nice, distressed flower!! In no time!!

Good luck making flowers for your favourite card-projects... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment