22 June 2011

Wedding splendour

After a few weeks of silence, I thought it was time to make myself heard again...
I may have stopped blogging for a while, but I haven't stopped crafting, so I have a few creations to share over the next few days / weeks.

First, I'll start with a weddingcard I made for a friend who got married about a month ago.
I wanted to use simple, elegant colours, so I went with cream and red.

Here's the card I came up:


I stamped the background with a script stamp in old paper distress ink.
On top, I stamped swirls with versamark ink and embossed them with pearl embossing powder (this was a new purchase from a few weeks ago and I'm totally hooked!).
The two hearts were cut out of a red metallic-shiny paper and then covered with glossy accents.
The '2 hearts'-sentiment is stamped on a piece of vellum (hard to see in the photo).
Als main focal point, I took the Hero Arts Leaf Flourish stamp, stamped it with bright red en embossed with clear embossing powder.


To show you the great pearl embossing shine and the glossy hearts, I took a second photo from another angle. Here you can see the reason why I fell in love with the pearl ;)



















What you can't see (forgot to take a picture :-s) is the sentiment on the inside that says: '1 dream' to finish off the card.

I hope you enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment