03 January 2011

Froggylicious

This afternoon, I've been stamping and experimenting with two friends.
We took out all of my stamps and different inks and just tried out all kinds of different techniques.

While doing that, I found this wooden stamp that I bought a few years ago, but haven't used since...
When I saw it again today, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!

I made the following card for my grandmother who is going through a very difficult time right now (after the death of my grandfather, she's in very bad health and has lots of pain).
So I hope this may help her cheer up a little again:


















For those of you who don't understand Dutch: 'kikker' translates literally as 'frog' and an 'opkikkertje' is kind of a boost for your spirit or your mood...

I stamped the cute frog on green cardstock several times with Versamark to create a background.
Then I stamped it one more time on white cardstock and coloured it with colourpencils.
Adhered both frog and sentiment with foamtape to create a little dimension and the card can be on its way to (hopefully) cheer my grandmother up!

Just one more close-up of Mr.Frog :p














I don't understand why I left him locked up in my drawer for so long... :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand why I left him locked up in my drawer for so long... :)

    Da snap ik nu ook nie, se!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete