13 July 2011

Embossed resist - part one

Last weekend, I experimented with the embossed resisted technique.
I used the technique to create some backgrounds.

For this card, I first stamped the friend definition stamp with archival coffee ink.
Next, I stamped a diamond-shaped backgroundstamp with versamark en clear embossed it.
Then I sponged over the card with some distress inks (I think I used peeled paint, forest moss and walnut stain).
To finish it off, I added a strip of cardstock and a greeting (I didn't have the right colour of cardstock, so I took a piece of green and sponged it with the distress inks I used on the background to make it match the rest of the card).

And here is the result:


Here's another picture. I made a few of them, and they all have slightly different backgroundcolors (the one on the left has less green, but more walnut stain).



I'll be back soon with a more feminine card using the same technique.

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment