21 January 2011

Crazy about circles

As of a week or two ago, I'm the proud owner of my very first circle cutter (one of the newbies I talked about in my previous post. 

And of course, with a new tool, comes the need to experiment and play! :)
So I tried out a few basics and came up with the following card:


I stamped the background with a checkered backgroundstamp and versamark ink.
The only problem was that afterwards, I couldn't emboss my sentiment any more, the embossing powder kept on sticking to the background (even after it was left to dry overnight...).
To solve the problem, I took a white marker and wrote the damn thing myself :p (as you can see, that's not yet one of my specialties).

Another thing I really need to practice, are my coloring skills...
Inside the card, I stamped a little boy which I colored with aquarelpencils (notice the stripes on his face :s) But they say practice makes perfect right? (let's hope so! :p)

Here's a view of the inside:


And that's an other tool tested... up to the next one :)

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with your coloring skills, it's all between the lines ;-)
    But anyways, very nice, my creative relative, very nice...

    ReplyDelete