22 February 2011

Boxed birthday greeting

A while back, I wanted a bit of a challenge. I wanted to make something completely different.
That's when I thought of a template of a little box that I bought a year ago and haven't used since.

So, for the birthday of my grandmother, who was in the hospital at the time and could definitely use a bit of love and support, I made a box-birthday-card.

I spend about 4 hours making it, but it was well worth it! I think it turned out spectacular :)
Take a look yourself:


















This is how it looks from the front. You can see the stamped butterfly that I covered in glossy accents, so it has a nice shine.

I'll give you a look on all the sides of the box...

I stamped the sides of the box with the Hero Arts Antique Flower Background as you can see here:


















And on the back,  I attached a tag that I made using a Tim Holtz fragment. Those fragments make the most beautiful additions and I really love using them :)


















For those of you who don't understand Dutch, the tag says 'enjoy'.

On the inside, I put a tag with my greeting on it. I also included a tealight as a little gift to lift her spirits.


















As far as I'm concerned, this was an afternoon well spent :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tinne this is a stunning little box, I love it and I am sure your grandmother will too.

    ReplyDelete